Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Jesus Juice (400KB Flash animation)
Labels: flash animation
Saturday, June 11, 2005
ID Cards and the database state
I get rather annoyed at the naive and flawed logic used to promote ID cards.
- I dislike the fact that there is regular reference to other countries that have compulsary ID cards, but no mention of the fact they also have constitutions controlling their use which we don't have in the UK.
- I dislike the claims that they will solve terrorism and fraud, with no evidence of HOW they can actually do it.
- I dislike the financial burden it will create and the amount of public money that will go to multinational companies who will no doubt mess it up like all the previous government IT projects. I particularly dislike the fact that the government considers it acceptable to hide the cost to us, on the basis of commercial confidentiality.
- I dislike the belief that the technology is foolproof, despite the fact that most people experience technology going wrong on a regular basis.
- I dislike the claim that we shouldn't have anything to hide if we're not breaking the law. We all have things we hide. That's why we wear clothes and have curtains at our windows. The only thing that's different is where you draw the line, and as far as I'm concerned if I'm a law abiding citizen (which I am) then I don't need to be fingerprinted and tracked.
Grrrr. I could go on and on but I won't, anger isn't conducive to coherence. I have another site about this at silly government containing lots of links to informative sites and articles if you want to find out more, but I will stop ranting here. Go and watch the dapper dog sing and the puppy pianist play. They're lovely, and it's surprisingly rant free.
Monday, June 06, 2005
Penguin escape - the video (1MB Flash).
I got some nice photos for future editing as well as the video, nearly 2GBs of material by the time I got home. I am very tempted by the idea of a penguin fashion show at the moment, some of the video footage would be perfect, but I have other projects to finish first so I must avoid getting too distracted.